Happie New Year. Hope this year would be a great one for my family and friends!
Everybody must stay healthy :)
Before I move on, congrats to Black Eyed Peas! They did it again, "I Gotta Feeling" is the top song of 2009. Great job. This year I wasnt glued to the radio for the countdown, somehow I had the feeling that my prediction will come true. Yup, FEELING, sometimes this word frustrates me, don't ask me why, sometimes I am mysteriously dazzled too;
So the last few days of 2009...
Day 7 - Dec 29
Woke up pretty late, but just in time to send Sinwen off for her SEP. Going to Ontario, Canada, which is a beautiful place in winter. A place where I wanted to visit last time, but didnt had the time to. Wishing her the best of lucks!
I was in her shoe exactly 1 year ago, flying to somewhere faraway from home, learning to be an independent MisterLyon. Sometimes I do wonder, have I really achieved that?
Day 8 - Dec 30
Went to sch, intending to perform some PCR on those samples that my PhD left for me before she flew back home. But then the microbiology room isnt ready. And most of the PhD and lab staff didnt even come or went on holidays. In the end, I helped out in the unpacking till 2pm, then went AMK hub to meet Hongyuan, who is flying off on New yrs eve to Finland. Amazed that he actually prepared 5 credit cards to bring over, shd I call it kiasu? Hmm, perhaps it is just an additional form of security.
Day 9 - Dec 31
New Year’s Eve. It was a lazy morning and I woke up at 9, but was lying in bed till 10. Decided to lunch at the newly renovated AMK 628 food center, but the stalls weren’t ready for business yet. It has been 2 years after the food center was burnt down. But I still visit my fav lemon chicken rice stall quite often.
Picked up meiy and we went to Sembawang Park to do a little ‘reccee’ on Petrina’s upcoming bday celebration. Somehow I had some memories that I have been there when I was young. I have seen my childhood photos of me and my cousins at a beach with park stools which looked like dice. I guess tats Sembawang Park, haha. It was really windy that afternoon, then it started to drizzle when we left. Had some fun on the swing, tho I am like over-aged, but then nowadays it’s so difficult to find a swing and seesaw. Do they still exist?
So our last part of the day was spent at Pasir Ris Park with a bbq to bring the year to the end. The sambal fish from bbq wholesale was something which I really liked. Satay wasn’t too bad so it was a wise choice to order from them. Everybody had fun with sparklers, it was a memorable night after all! Hmm, somehow my little wish came true, a bbq gathering with kiaj n gang, dephne and petrina coming along to join us. Thanks to Joan who organize the event :)

0 Flame:
Post a Comment