Monday, October 4, 2010

Song Recommendation of the Month: October 2010

Title: Just The Way You Are
Artiste: Bruno Mars
Album: Doo-Wops & Hooligans

Just when I thought there isn’t any love ballad that could represent 2010…..it finally came!

A song all about appreciating the uniqueness in one's love interest and not expecting or wanting to see any changes. Accepting everything about the girl u adore, forgetting all her weaknesses, just thinking about the way she makes u happy, how you are satisfied with her, just the way she is. This super-sweet and innocent single may be filled with some cheese but the overall polish is pretty remarkable. Oh well, this song does not even have to be about relationships, it could even be about family or friends. A simple message that this song is trying to convey: Be natural. Sometimes its simplicity that makes your other half love you even more. Don’t change yourself for others, they should accept you for the person you are.

Nice vocals from Bruno Mars, whose album was just released and I am like addicted to it right now haha. It was money well spent! I think if you are into love ballads or some country flavour, make this your early Christmas gift to yourself. He has a super-smooth voice and his pipes show through in this songs as well, complimenting the flowing musical beats. The end results are tunes you can't help but sing along to.

A few words from the lyrics that I really like:

Oh you know, you know, you know
I’d never ask you to change
If perfect is what you’re searching for
Then just stay the same

Knocking off B.o.B’s “Magic”, this song leaps two notches up to claim the current top song in Singapore this week!

Btw, I give this song 4.5 out of 5 leaves....

0 Flame: