Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Wet YOG day

I heard the canvas roof of the basketball game area came down due to heavy rain. No injuries fortunately, if not, we can expect lots of complaint arrows from around the world.

This morning I saw yog fencing on TV, tho I ain't sure what channel that was as it wasnt my TV lol. But nvm, I learnt something from meiy.

There are 3 kinds of dueling swords in this sport- Sabre, Foil and Épéé. Upon research, I found out that Épéé (weird name lol) is the heaviest but its the only one in which the entire body is the valid target area, means u can tackle anywhere haha. Sabre is the only weapon that fencers can score using its blade edge. For the other two, valid touches are only scored using the blade tip point. The target area starts from the waist up, including arms and head, exclude hands. So u can't try anything funny below that. The foil (electric and non-electric) is the most common weapon and is usually used for elementary classes. Interesting! I have never tried before, wanted to see the matches at suntec but $30 entry fee is just too much for me. But there is a fencing sch in United Square, so sometimes I do take a peek haha.

Annyway, Singapore has gotten 2 medals. So gambate!

Today's hiphop class was fun, its getting better. Misterlyon was the only guy which I am pretty used to it in the States. So what happened to the 2 guys last week?? haha...And ytd night I was trying out Hurricane Venus, I gave up cuz of my poor memory and lack of practice :( Was hoping there would be a recap today but a new song was taught. SHINee's 'Up and Down'. Shall recap before I head to lala land today. *spank* Lesson learnt: Always revise your work!!

The croaking sound at the bus stop opposite meiy's house was quite loud today. It did freaked me out and I was trying to shine my hp's light to search for the toadsss in the dark haha. I think.....there was a TOAD PARTY somewhere around there and I was the 不速之客.

Thanks to those who cared :)
Appreciate your smses!

0 Flame: