Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Musical Flashback: 6 years ago....

Title: You And I Both
Artiste: Jason Mraz
Album: Waiting For My Rocket To Come

If you really like listening to live acoustic music, I would definitely recommend him.

Btw, it’s the acoustic version of this song playing in the background. One of my all-time favourites and last thur, Diya and Carrie performed this song at the esplanade. I would say it brought back a lot of memories for me, 6 years ago…it may seem long, but I can still clearly recall it was a struggling period for me.

It was a pity I couldn’t attend Mraz’s concert 2 years ago as I was still on exchange. But I do hope he comes again real soon so that I can support him. Upcoming album dropping soon at the end of year, it’s always very sudden. Many would agree that this is a really sweet song. But the meaning and emotions behind this tune goes a long way.

This song goes out to all who has been hurt in a relationship before. It’s never easy to forget the past and all the sweet memories both of you had shared. But if he/she has found someone better, you should be happy for them. Learn to let go, or you will never find your happiness.

I like this portion of the song best:

And it's okay if you had to go away
Oh, just remember the telephones
well, they work in both ways
But if I never ever hear it ring
If nothing else I'll think the bells inside
Have finally found you someone else and that's okay
Cause I'll remember everything you sang.

Can u interpret the message that he is trying to convey?

1 Flame:

shuling said...

true. totally agree. He rocks and his song makes sense. Spot on.