Monday, June 30, 2008

Hanging on...

Went back to school last fri afternoon just to convert my report to pdf form. Tried doing that on my labby, the file size increased by 3 times!!! Lolxx, then got a little panic because it was already 3pm and it was the last day to upload. In the end, decided to request for time off to return to sch, well, a bit paiseh as I was already on 3 days off last week for SIWW. So effectively, I was only working for 1.5 days in NEA. My internship pay for last week: $30. Oh ya, Microsoft Office for Engine PC Labs has been upgraded to 2007 version. Word, excel, outlook….everything. Probably will have difficulties coping with the change as I don’t really like the new version. I actually refused to install it for my new Vista Desktop.

Sat Swensens breakfast with Gavin was cancelled. A bit disappointed as it has been a year since I had that butter pancake set. And I heard they have came up with a new menu. Thot I could relieve that shiok feeling again but, well, nvm….I initiated it when I received his sms on Friday night, informing me that he was caught up with some family stuff till late, hoping to meet me later the next day. Since I don’t want him to wake up so early, I decided to meet him another day. Anyway, he is another friend who will be going to Philadelphia next year, really happy for him!

I am using back my old Nokia phone, not that I dislike the Samsung phone very much…lolx. I just want to give myself a chance to see how often I use these 2 phones everyday…maybe I would give my new phone away to my sis and buy a new nokia phone…haha..

Sometimes, looks are deceiving….


Song Recommendation of the Week:
Secondhand Serenade – Fall For You

This is not a band, in fact, it is only him, John Vesely, doing a solo rock project since 2007. Secondhand Serenade is a reference to the way in which his songs are ‘serenades’ sung to his wife first, so people around the world are hearing them ‘second-hand’, thus the name. “Fall For You” is the first single off his sophomore album, A Twist In My Story. If you like this song, then the rest of this album is almost similar. As the album title suggests, he is doing something different this time round, adding onto his signature raw vocals and guitar with the use of full band and orchestra. This album distills emo to its most heartbroken elements, dredging up huge, pained choruses. However, just like the previous album, the songs still sticks on acoustic backing and a bit of Coldplay grooves on a few new tracks such as “Fall For You”. So far, this is the best ballad heard this year……

I'll give up all that I had just to breathe the same air as you to the day that I die.

Would u?

Btw, I give this song 4.0 out of 5 星星s....

0 Flame: