Oh did u catch them while they were in Singapore? If u did, good for u
Down 3 members to the current 10 (I hoped I counted correctly), they are now BACK with their 4th studio album. I went through the album 3 times and was a lil’ disappointed. Okay, I am getting a bit biased over here perhaps because ‘Sorry Sorry’ was too much a success that it is really difficult for their new stuff to keep up to the standard. These boys hope to show off their strong music and performance skills through this album with their concept of SJ Funky.
Title track ‘Bonamana’ might just be the most infectious song of 2010, we shall see. I personally feel that it is too ‘Sorry Sorry’ and there is not much evolution from before. But I guess the boys found their own comfortable style and sound and focused on identifying with it. Genre wise? I can only say ‘Sorry, Sorry’ and ‘Bonamana’ could be considered a pair of blood relatives in the music world. LOL. Maybe for those Korean non-lovers, they might think that this song is a bit Indian-ish. Check out their music video which I really like. The choreography is cool and definitely fits them well. Hopefully the song will do well and climb all the way to the top soon!
A few comments on the rest of the albums…
01. 미인나 (Bonamana) – Best song on this album to show the SJ Funky-ness.
02. 나쁜 여자 (Boom Boom) – A soft-pop style song.
03. 응결 (Coagulation) – Reminds me of WW treatment LOL. Nope! It is not what u think. A real good sentimental number which is nice to listen to before u sleep.
04. 나란 사람 (My Eyes) – R&B ballad. Average song.
05. My Only Girl – Though a bit repetitive, but has a really nice beat and the chorus, seasoned with a catchy melody.
06. 사랑이 이렇게 (My All Is In You) – Sounds like Ne-yo’s ‘So Sick’…haha
07. Shake It Up! – Probably requires a few listens to really like it.
08. 잠들고 싶어 (In My Dream) – Yay! My preferred kind of ballad. It has that pleasant aura around it. Pretty tune but might need a bit more creativity.
09. 봄날 (One Fine Spring Day) – Wah! Ryeowoo doing solo worz! Lol…Delicate piano and his subtle voice are well pieced together. Elegant song and somehow, it doesn’t wear off as quickly as the rest of the ballads on this album.
10. 좋은 사람 (Good Person) – Average song. Back to their youthful days I presume.
11. Here We Go – One word to describe …‘CUTE’
Btw, I give this album 7.5 out of 10 leaves....


0 Flame:
Post a Comment