Monday, June 1, 2009

Last phase

I went to have my last haircut today in Santa Cruz and it was done by a Vietnamese girl. Went into the salon because there were no one around and I thought this would be a quick one. She knew I wasn't a local and told me she came from Vietnam and is still studying in College. We had a good chat and I told her I would be leaving soon. When asked abt her summer plans, she said she had no money to return home to see her family.

I felt really fortunate. Some people had to leave their hometown and work part time to support her family and studies. This is one kind of person I really admired. I don't think I would choose to go so far away to work next time.

Really missed Singapore and the hot weather..hahaz..

Counting down:

8 days to Exams...
12 days to London...
15 days to Paris....
Less than 20 days to ta-da!

0 Flame: