Friday, June 15, 2007

Intern thoughts

Met up with Minghui dis afternoon. Initially she had invited me to join her for lunch but I couldnt make it until 3pm. Wanted to treat her to ice cream coz her birthday tmr mah, but in the end we spent most of our time taking down prices of fridges and aircons in AMK NTUC and Courts. She is currently working as an intern in NEA and doing some kind of surveying as part of her job. Didnt spent too much time in NTUC coz there were onli a few sets on display. At first, I thought it shdnt be that difficult. But when I reached Courts, lolxx, u wouldnt want to imagine how many aircons and fridges were there. Assisted her to copy down the prices of fridges while she tackle the aircons. If I wasnt there, she might just spend her night camping in Courts....lucky her, managed to leave at 7.30pm, a few hours left before she turns 21....

Have always wanted to work as an intern in NEA or organisations related to wat I am majoring now coz I believe that it is always an advantage to gain some experience before I step into the workforce a few years from now. However, I always have this belief that what I am studying now may not be applicable in future. Grades are not everything. It is just that piece of paper that determines how much u will be paid. Wonder how true is that......

0 Flame: