Friday, May 22, 2009

Back soon!

Oh my, I just saw the countdown clock on the right and realized that I have less than 30 days left in the States. Should I be sad or happy? I think both. I dunnoe how much I have learnt and achieved in these past 5 months, but at least I think I am more independent now. Free to do what I want, know what I need to do, think the right way! Thats most impt to me, do things the smart way. Apparently, MisterLyon is a very blur person, hahaz..

There are lots of ups and downs living alone esp in a country that is so far away from home. I agree sometimes, life is pretty tough, but one has to experience it to know how it taste like. I realized that most of my blog posts this yr are abt me travelling around, having fun. Not many entries on the difficulties that I actually faced in this new life of mine. Not that there are none, but I have decided not to publish it out. Sometimes, it is best just to keep it to yourself, at least I believe certain stuff needs to be hidden inside my heart. okie, sound a bit emo liao....

Anyway, Hip Hop class ended yesterday and only 9 students turned up. Perhaps most pple thought there was going to be a test. Hahz, nope, luckily! But there were photos and videos taken during the class. Its is really fun to join a dance class in another country and then start to see the difference in the teaching methods. The instructor, Harold McCord, teaches his own unique style of Tru-School Hip Hop and street dance. And I really had a lot of fun attending his class, though there were like 2 guys including me, and abt 20 girls...hahaz.....Its abt the dance, not the girls!!!

I woke up this morning and received 3 Sch alert SMSes informing me that East campus gate is closed because there was some unidentified object observed in a stormwater drain near the main entrance to campus. The bomb team also arrived! First qn on my mind: Was there a bomb found? Its not surprising because recently, police found explosives in one of the houses near my city. And then there was some state elections this week. Maybe got some pple not happy or wat, wanna start something naughty. After 3 hours, the police announced that it was a geo-cache!

It is actually a piece of tupperware, something like the one in the center of the pic. It must be non-transparent. I dun have the exact pic, the above was taken from wiki, cuz I also dunnoe what exactly is a geo-cache. According to the news, it was determined to be a box associated with a hide and seek, scavenger hunt-type game for GPS users, called Geocaching. In the game, players use a Global Positioning System receiver to hide and seek containers called geocaches. The caches are typically small waterproof containers that have a logbook and "treasure", often toys or trinkets.

Maybe somebody lost one of the cache, maybe it got kicked into the drain...This cache caused the traffic jam to the campus West entrance and my 1hr to reach the sch instead of just 15 mins. Now pple are blaming the police of making such a big hooha over such a small thing. Hmm, but what if it was a real bomb... In Singapore, if u see an opaque box in the drain, would u alert the police? I don't think anyone will bother.

My engine ethics lecturer initially guessed and told the class that the unidentified object could be somebody doing homework on the street....ya, very funnie...ha ha ha...

0 Flame: