Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Internship

3 months ago, I used to complain that internship life is boring, esp when there wasn’t anything for me to do except reading files. Was always looking forward to 6pm everyday where I could finally leave the dreaded place. Imagine spending abt 10-11 hrs in the office facing the computer, reading the case studies of past projects which I can’t really understand. Was a nightmare then! I don’t even dare to tink abt it now. But was really glad that things changed for the better towards the end of the internship period when I was attached to another supervisor, Joseph, whom I really learned a lot from. I was given opportunities to attend meetings and go for site inspections. Being with him just makes me feel more like an engineer! But the sad thing is Joseph is a workaholic, his table is so messy and he works overtime regularly. Sometimes I felt paiseh when I wanna knock off at 6pm and he is still mugging. Yup, so 1 Aug was the last working day and I was given a surprise farewell party (Actually I alr guessed it). Was a bit tongue-tied when I was asked to give a thank-you speech cuz there were too many pple I wanted to show my appreciation to. ^^

The last week of my attachment was a rush for me. Wanted to get the report out on that Mon but fell terribly sick for two days. Laptop wasn't with me on Wed due to Matric fair and I couldn't do anything as I forgot to save all the info to my thumbdrive. In the end, I didn't slp on Thurs night...haha....Alright, I managed to chiong one decent report out (it has to be min 15 pages) on Friday which my supervisor gladly signed. That was when I heaved a sigh of relief.....

The 3-months attachment at NEA was a challenging yet rewarding experience for me. Apart from making significant progress in understanding the various air and water pollution control methods, I learned important working techniques from my fellow colleagues which are applicable in the future. Not forgetting the qualities of self-motivation, communication and initiative which are vital for success. For me, the learning journey never ends....

These are just some of my 'teachers'. As the saying goes, 姜还是老的辣....

My second supervisor, Joseph (right)

Rahman (left) who brought me on site visits. Lucky he has a car or I would probably be spending my day travelling around =)

Chief Engineer presenting a farewell gift to me. He is the 'tiger' of Pollution Control Dept (PCD). When he was on leave, we almost ordered pizza to celebrate. lolxx..Oops! hope he wun be reading this......


They gave me a blue shirt and a beautiful card. 太感动了!!

0 Flame: