Friday, May 23, 2008

Welcome back Mister Lyon

Gosh! Just realised I havent been blogging for abt a month. The last time when I did a decent entry was before the exams and now is like the 2nd week into the hols. Had planned to blog after the hols actually. Excuses lah..Mister Lyon is getting lazy! Heheh :p

Alright, lots of stuff to update here (Will skip the exam review, too frustrated to even think of tat -_-)….It is going to be long, I warn u…

Busy Friday

Two days after my exams ended, was requested by Lawrence in the morning to help transport sponsored NEWater from Kranji Water Reclamation Plant. 3 cars were “activated” as Kohyu came along too. I would be surprised if she didn’t. Luckily there was enough car space to transport 90 plus cartons back to sch, abt 600 bottles. Just nice….If not, then we have to start drinking those “treated” water at the warehouse, lol, just kidding , I dun like drinking NEWater anyway, the feeling to me is kind of weird. 怪怪的…

Checked my mum into Marriott Hotel (above Tangs) that afternoon, apparently my bro won the 2 Day 1 Night hotel stay vocher. So had to make use of it anyway before it expires, and how suitable would that be to utilize it during the Mother’s Day Week. I have not stepped into a local hotel room yet in my life and I must say the quality of our hotel services really 一及棒. LCD high-definition television, high-speed Internet, in-room safe, amenities like swimming pool, fitness centre etc…oh ya, 39 TV channels, omg, it took me some time to figure out the correct way to tune the TV. Blur me…sotong

Met up with Kailuen Mei right after that at the hotel lobby. Aim was to transport the “remains” of her hall room back to her house. While waiting for Adr, we sat on the arms chairs looking at the Menus and commenting at the prices of the drinks. A glass of normal fruit juice can cost as much as 10 bucks and more. Guess these are meant for those ang mos. I wouldn’t spend so much on fruit juice. Well, it is a 5 star hotel, the prices must also be 5 star wor…..(times 5)

Wangqi leaving

Nicknamed the Queen of ESE. I like to call her christian name Alicia. One of the 2 best China friends that I have met in EVE. Won’t be seeing her for the next 2 years cuz she going France le. Didn’t attend the dinner farewell for her but bought her a sweater, hope she likes it. Worked with her in ChESS on lots of stuff, a nice gal, wishing her all the best! Just received her small little card this evening, touched..

Community Service

I admit I am not a very nice guy, some people do hate me. So this hols, I have decided to increase the proportion of my likers, yup, hopefully…Anyway, have started to join Jerry in his weekly community service at Cerebral Palsy Centre in Pasir Ris, which is under the The Spastic Children's Association of Singapore. Job was to assist the young children who have been suffering from Celebral Palsy, a term used to describe people who have impairment of motor functions such as improper shoulder control or even speech impairment. And this thingy is not curable. Got to know a couple of children, Jeralyn and Nurul. Have been training them for Boccia as the competition is coming. This game is not as simple as just throwing balls, they really need to control their strength correctly, and bearing in mind their disabilities u know…..But to see them improve every week, it kind of gives me a sense of satisfaction.

Bowling

Have been going there quite frequently with Jerry, ever since Recess week started. Haha…that week I was also studying, not always playing lor. At JOM Balestier. A game on sat only cost $2.60, price was $2.20 on normal weekdays. Really hua suan, and the price just gives me the motivation to bowl more. Not very good at it yet, still training for more strikes, but last Sat, I managed to score 6 spares and 2 strikes in one particular game, not impressive but it really put a smile on my face. 134, 109, 132 ….it was the first time I actually scored over 100 pts for 3 consecutive games. Well, I guess I am those kind who are easily satisfied.

ChESS

For the welfare dept which I am in, basically we have nothing much left to do except the Three-year Series which we have to source or do ourselves the solutions for those freshmen. Chose MA1506 to do this coming weekend, hope I still remember those stuff. I heard last Sem’s paper wasn’t easy. Anyway, now I am busy claiming my Zusammen funds, spent like $400 plus, must get it back cuz I am quite broke this hols…haha…going to start saving to save myself le…..true indeed :p

Disasters

Sad news in this month of May. First, the cyclone in Myanmar that occurred in the midst of the exams. I have two Myanmar friends in Civil Eng whom I always addressed them as ‘sisters’. In fact, I have been mugging with them in Central Lib almost everyday during the recess week. Ain’t biological sisters but they have always been together ever since they came over to Singapore 4 years ago to study in poly. Fortunately, their families are all okay and both of them are now working in Singapore, not going back. Even during sch term, they are still doing part time jobs as restaurant waitress during weekends. Hmm….How many of us would be doing that when we have the weekends to enjoy?

And the worse quake this yr actually happened in Sichuan right after our exams. As far as I know, none of my classmates live in that area except Tang Lin who immediately flew back after the last paper. Crossing my fingers, no news abt her yet, even CL doesn’t know. From the worst snow storm that hit the country at the beginning of this lunar new year to the Olympics Torch relay and now the quake, I feel China has been facing challenges one after another. Seems like the price is just too high this time round. Hopefully the affected areas will recover soon…

Internship

I must say I didn’t have enough time to enjoy myself, 4 days are just not sufficient. Started my internship at NEA on the following Monday after the exams. Was allocated to the Pollution Control Department (PCD), now in a team learning land use planning. Supervisor was a man of few words, that really worries me, sometimes I really dunnoe what he is thinking or planning to do. I have been there for 2wks, spending 8-9hrs (excluding lunchtime) in the office reading or even doing nothing. I dun even have a computer (well, they said interns usually do not need one) on my desk and have to use the shared comp which was normally on just for scanning documents. In fact, right now, I am blogging during office hours =) haha, my colleagues are just too busy to give me things to do or to even bother what I am doing. But I really dun like to be so free everyday, I wanna be kept busy, I wanna help them in their work. Isn’t that part of an intern’s job other than learning and writing reports? One or two days of boredom is okay, but not two weeks. Now I am really worried cuz I have not much stuff to write for the internship report. On the bright side, I met a pretty nice intern, Lijun, from NTU, same dept as me, but doing enforcement and inspection job on water, air, noise…whatever…Really cool cuz she can always go out to sites. Sometimes it is not a good thing to always stay in the office, must go out and 增广见闻 ma..

To end off, wanna share a song that was composed to commemorate the tragedy of the Sichuan Earthquake. Sang by local singer 林俊杰, the song is titled 爱与希望。。

Lots more to update...wait till I remember...

0 Flame: