Thursday, February 12, 2009

Chinatown CNY Parade

Went out with the same SEP gang last Saturday to the San Francisco Chinatown CNY Parade organised by the school. I have never seen any overseas parade before, so I thot it would be an eye-opening experience. My 2nd trip to this big city, so I decided to hang around the Chinatown area for most of the time. The overwhelming crowd brings back lots of memory cuz I used to visit Smith Street every yr, one of the busiest roads in Singapore Chinatown during the festive season.

Then we went to dim sum restaurant to have lunch, it was so crowded that we have to stand and wait for the next available table. Nevertheless, it was a worth waiting cuz the food was really delicious and we don't have much of these in Santa Cruz anyway...

Pork Rib Rice

My favourite Siew Mai & 纸包鸡

Full and satisfied!

At about 530pm, we started to 'chop' a place at the parade area so that we can have a great view. Was quite disappointed with the parade, somehow the CNY mood is different here. Got a video below....Singapore Chingay better ba...

The Chinatown Gate

0 Flame: